If you desire consistent and steady weight loss, you want your metabolism to be running at full capacity before you start.
Ideally, you should be eating at least your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) without gaining weight before you start a weight loss routine.
Inactive person = Body weight X 13
Active Person = Body weight X 15
Once you know you're eating is on point, we add in our Metabolism BOOSTING Secrets!
1. Engage in resistance training (weightlifting, ideally) 3 – 5 times per week.
- Boost metabolism in the short term (12-36 hours)
- Boost metabolism in the long term by building muscle
2. Slowly increase your calories each week until you’ve reached your target intake (TDEE).
- Work up food intake slowly – this gives you metabolism time to raise and match energy output with food intake.
3. Eat plenty of protein
- Protein has a lower net energy – this means it requires more calories to breakdown protein than carbs and fats.
- Higher protein intake help build muscle (this makes point #1 even more effective)
4. Combine green tea with capsaicin to boost fat burning.
- Both these compounds are known to be thermogenic
- Green tea and capsaicin together suppress appetite on high calorie diets – this will help control appetite as food creeps up slowly.