Don’t let The Shoulds rob you of your life, your time and your ambitious spirit!
There is a cure:
I Could...I can...I will
“The Shoulds” are similar to alcoholism….A disease that takes conscious choice to overcome.
Remember the power to choices gives you the power to change!
There are three steps that you need to follow:
1) Replace “Should” with “COULD”. Think of the full spectrum of options that are available to you. And remember these are options….no guilt necessary.
- I could run
- I could walk more
- I could workout at home
- I could join a gym
2) Think of where you are right now and what you CAN realistically do….
- I can run… on the weekends
- I can walk… on my lunches
I can’t workout at home, my kids are distracting
- I can join a gym, they have a daycare
3) Now that you’ve listed things that you can do, be honest and determine what you WILL do…
- I can run… on the weekends, but my weekends are always jammed
- I WILL walk… on my lunches!
- I can’t workout at home, my kids are distracting
- I WILL join a gym, they have a daycare
After you complete steps one through three and you begin moving forward, remember to check in with yourself daily and remember you live in the REAL WORLD.